• 1 ½ cups unsalted butter (can be cold), cut into 1”x1” squares /350 g
• 1 cup of sugar (sugar powder) /200 g
• 1 egg (can be cold from refrigerator) /50 g
• 1 ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
• ¼ tsp. salt
• 1 tsp. baking powder (if do not have baking powder, soda also is suitable)
• 2 ½ - 3 cups flour /300 g
• 2 tbsp. milk
• ½ hazelnuts (or any), crumbled (option)
NOTE: Best when made with stand mixer
1. Heat oven to 350° F.
2. On low speed, cream butter and sugar, adding butter slowly and then a steady stream of sugar. Increase speed to medium and beat 3 minutes until fluffy light color.
3. Add vanilla, milk and egg. Mix in low.
4. In a separate bowl, mix 2 cups of flour, salt and baking powder. Slowly add flour mixture to butter/sugar mixture and mix on low until flour is incorporated. If needed, add more flour until dough is stiff but not sticky and still pliable. Bit until combined. Do not over mix.
5. Rolla portion into a 5 cm cylinder shape.
6. Cut into to the portion 1-1.5 cm buttons
7. Prepare a plate with crumbled hazelnuts
8. Take the cockles and press one side into the a plate with crumbled hazelnuts
9. Place the cookies on a bake sheet
10. Bake in the oven with 350° F for 20 minutes until edges are slightly golden.
11. Place cookies one at a time on a wire cooling rack for chill out.
NOTE: Allow baking sheet to cool before re-using.
NOTE: Cookies can be decorated and iced to have a festive appearance.
The recipe and images are property and copyright of efoodmaster.com
for 10 Servings
Amount Per Serving = 100 g
Total Fat 28.9 g
Saturated Fat 17.9 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.2 g
Monounsaturated Fat 8.4 g
Cholesterol 98.2 mg
Sodium 12.1 mg
Potassium 57.1 mg
Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
Sugars 20.0 g
Protein 4.0 g
One Response to “Classical Biscuit (Pesochnoe Pechenie)”