This is a traditional way in Ukraine to store natural and tasty source of vitamins over winter time.
Cucumbers placed into the drum, add marinade without vinegar. Over some times (depends of store temperature) cucumbers fermented and prevent naturally from rotting.
The result of correct fermenting of cucumber is crunchy and tasty.
The compete fermentation process will change the color of cucumbers and give them the sour test with amazing flavour of spices.
Cucumbers (naturally fermented).
• 6 LBS of field cucumber (hothouse product doesn't give expected result) 3 kg / 6 LBS
• 3 L of water
• 7 tbsp. of salt (35-50 g per 1 litter)
• 4-5 bay lives
• 10 black peppercorns
• 2 cloves corns
• 1 bunch of dill with seeds (in season sale at public markets)
• 10 cloves of garlic
• Hot pepper (option)
For marinade in 4 L container
1. Add 3 L of water to the 4 L pot
2. Add 7 tbsp. of salt
3. Add 4-5 bay lives
4. Add 10 black peppercorns
5. Add 2 cloves corns
6. Boil water with ingredients for 10-15 min.
7. Cut off ends of cucumber
8. Place mixture with cucumber, dill and smashed garlic (and hot pepper) into 4 L jar
9. Add hot boiled water with ingredients
10. Keep in room temperature for 2-3 days
11. After store in the refrigerator to stop fermentation
We can use it as an ingredient of salads where used fresh cucumber. We can enjoy it as an appetiser. It is really good by oneself too. I like it with fried potatoes.
The recipe and images are property and copyright of efoodmaster.com
Servings Per Recipe: 30 Servings
Amount Per Serving = 100 g
Total Fat 0.1 g
Saturated Fat 0.0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.0 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Sodium 1,293.9 mg
Potassium 144.3 mg
Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
Sugars 0.0 g
Protein 0.7 g