This dish is originally from Georgia cuisine and adapted to our reality. Spice taste with sour from tomato paste and fresh tomatoes is good pointed with a nice colour of the dish.
Sunny soup from a sunny country.
It can be cooked from ingredients with Georgian’s spices mix hmeli-suneli. You can find it in any Russian/Ukrainian-oriented grocery shop. It gives the soup some flavour from sunny Georgia.
Harcho soup with Ribs, Rice and Tomatoes (adapted version).
For 3 L pot
• 1 tbsp. vegetable oil for frying / 30 g
• 800 g pork (beef) ribs, cut by one / 2 LBS.
• 1-2 heads of onion, cut half-moon, very thin 150 g / ½ LBS
• 1 tbsp. of tomato paste
• 2-3 tomatoes, peeled, chopped, / 200 g
• 1 chilli pepper
• 1/3 cup of rice / 90 g
• Ground black pepper to taste
• 1 tbsp. of ground coriander (or Georgian’s spices mix hmeli-suneli) to taste
• 2-3 cloves of garlic
• 1 tsp. of saffron (option) to taste
• 1 bunch of green coriander, well chopped (option for serve)
• 1 bunch of green parsley, well chopped (option for serve)
• Salt to taste
In the frying pan
1. Add 1 tbsp. of vegetable oil for fry
2. Add beef (pork) ribs 800 g and fry to golden
3. Remove ribs from the fry-pan and place it into the 3 L pot
4. In the frying pan after fried ribs, add 1 head of onion, cut half-moon, thin
5. Fry onion to golden
6. Add 1 tbsp. of tomato paste
7. Add 2-3 fresh tomatoes, peeled, chopped
8. Add salt to taste
9. Add 1 tbsp. of ground coriander (or Georgian’s spices mix hmeli-suneli)
10. Mix well and fry another 5 min on the medium heat
11. All precooked mixture add to the 3 L pot with fried ribs
12. Add 2.5 L of hot water and almost simmer it with medium heat for 30-40 min (meet on ribs should be tender)
13. Add 1/3 of cup well-rinsed rise
14. Add chili pepper
15. Add 1 tsp. of saffron (option)
16. When rice cooked in 10-15 min., add fresh greens, chopped garlic, ground black pepper and turn off the stove
17. Leave it for 15 min before serve
Serve it with fresh greens and garlic for each plate or serve greens and chopped garlic on the table.
For a different variety of tastes add 1 tbsp. of sour cream to the soup.
The recipe and images are property and copyright of efoodmaster.com
Servings Per Recipe: 10 Servings
Amount Per Serving = 300 g
Total Fat 29.4 g
Saturated Fat 12.1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.0 g
Monounsaturated Fat 12.0 g
Cholesterol 97.0 mg
Sodium 191.9 mg
Potassium 363.3 mg
Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 20.7 g