Dark red kidney beans dish is the long cooked product, but with incredible amount of protein for the vegetarian. Georgians is making beans with aroma of fried onion, coriander and garlic.
The dish can store for long period of time and becoming tastier. It is good worm as well as cold.
The dish on the picture is lobio with fried mushrooms and boiled potatoes.
• 800 g dark red kidney beans (or 3 cans by 500ml )
• 3 onions, chopped well 450 g
• 7 gloves of garlic, well chopped 100g
• 1 bunch coriander (cilantro), green, fresh, well chopped 200 g
• 1 chili pepper, well chopped
• 3 tsp. grinded coriander
• 2 tbsp. wine vinegar 30 ml
• 2 tbsp. vegetable oil 30 ml
• 4 tbsp. butter, unsalted 50 g
• Salt, black pepper to taste
1. Add 1.8 Litter of water into 2 Litter pot
2. Add 800 g dark red kidney beans
3. Cook beans until tendered. Salt it at the end. It could take 1-2 hours. ( to save time, you can use canned beans. Rinse beans and cook it less than an hour)
4. On the fry pan add vegetable oil and unsalted butter
5. Add well shopped onion and brown it.
6. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
7. When beans is tendered, add to the pot with cocked beans fried onion
8. Mixed well
9. Lightly mashed mixture
10. Add grinded coriander
11. Add well shopped green coriander (cilantro)
12. Add well chopped small chili pepper (be careful with spices)
13. Add 2 tbsp. of wine vinegar
14. Mixed well and give 15 minutes to absorb all aroma
15. Service with good bread and glass of red wine.
The recipe and images are property and copyright of efoodmaster.com
for 10 Servings
Amount Per Serving = 200 g
Total Fat 7.2 g
Saturated Fat 4.6 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.3 g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.2 g
Cholesterol 11.0 mg
Sodium 275.1 mg
Potassium 296.0 mg
Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
Sugars 0.0 g
Protein 4.9 g